Thesis: Women should have a place online for learning about how to work on specific outdoorsy skills such as hiking, fishing, hunting.
Purpose: We will provide information to help women specifically to succeed in learning how to do things, and guiding them as to where to go – based upon my experiences. My blog will explain what I learn through this process.
Goal: Showcase what I have learned through the process of creating a “functional” blog.
“Functional” is defined by me with various factors that will be included. For instance, picking and editing an appropriate design, updating the blog consistently (at least once a week), and providing video and imagery that helps to demonstrate my opinions on certain issues. Also, trying to figure out how to promote my blog would also be important with getting it to come up on google and yahoo searches. Obviously, linking to some of the competitor websites may be a good way of promoting my own.
Heres my plan broken down into steps:
Find an Audience:
1) In this case, I will be appealing to mostly women who are interested in learning about hunting, hiking, fishing.
Begin to Blog: (week 1)
2) Sign up for blog/Create a blog domain name
3) Customize the blog design colors/structure etc
4) Update the About Page with info and picture
5)Update Settings to my desired privacy levels
6) Start making Add blog entries with creative/unique entries with engaging content
Promote/Market blog: (Week 2)
7) Optimize tagging and more search engine friendly work with Yahoo and Google
8) Figure out how to make your status updates connect with Facebook and Twitter
9) Make comments on other blogs with a link back to my blog
Just Keep Doing what I am doing: (Week 3/4)
10) Stick to my Theme of being in the outdoors!
11) Keep updating, and keep commenting
Measures of Success
For this blog to be considered a success for me I will have an engaging site which is what I would consider “functional”. I will have links to other sites and videos that help engage my audience. In addition, I will implement online marketing techniques which will add traffic to my site. I will have learned how to market by engaging with other sites. Also I will learn what types of topics interest people the most, and promote a informational and well as entertaining site for people to enjoy.
Project Thesis, Purpose, Timeline, Goals, Etc November 6, 2009